GROWN-UP GIRLS LIKE TO PLAY TOO! WELCOME TO MY PLAYGROUND

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Creative Gift Wrapping

I love finding unique ways of wrapping gifts. It just seems to make the gift a little more special and personal. I don't like spending a lot of money on gift wrapping, though, so I try
to come up with ways to use the things that I already have on hand creatively. This project can be adapted to many different styles, and is ideal if you need to mail the presents and worry about bows getting crushed. There are no bows here, but I don't think anyone's going to miss them.
After wrapping in your choice of paper, measure a length of ribbon around the width of the package, and snip with just a small overlap. I always save short lenghts of ribbon and these will usually work here unless you happen to have an oversized box.
Now take the length of ribbon and fold it in half.
Then using a hole punch, create a hole in the center of the ribbon. You can also snip a small hole with scissors if you don't have a hole punch handy.
Set this ribbon aside.
Now take another scrap of ribbon, about 12 inches in length and fold in in half. Tie a knot at the folded end as shown.
Now thread the folded and knotted ribbon through the hole in the first ribbon.
Wrap the first ribbon around the package with the "tail" that you just threaded through centered on the front. Secure on the back with tape or hot glue; thread a tag onto the ribbon "tail" as shown, tie a bow, and you're done!

I like to make my own tags by cutting out pieces of the wrapping paper or even pictures from magazines and pasting them to cardstock with decoupage medium or thinned white craft glue.


These are a few other packages that I've wrapped in this manner. I think my favorite is the one wrapped in newsprint with a dog photo cut from a magazine as a tag. Happy wrapping!

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Sheilla, thanks foor sharing. These are great gift wrapping ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them. This works quite well for packages that you need to ship. I'll probably do another article on gift wrapping closer to Christmas...that's when I have a lot of gifts to wrap and can go a little crazy on the packages.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails