GROWN-UP GIRLS LIKE TO PLAY TOO! WELCOME TO MY PLAYGROUND

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sharpie Strikes Again

You've just gotta love those wonderful little permanent markers known as "Sharpies". The worlds most popular marker even has its own blog dedicated to
the creative use of Sharpie markers. Well, necessity being the mother of invention, I think I've discovered another one!

Before I tell you what, let me apologise in advance for the dark pictures...inspiration sometimes strikes at the wierdest times, like in the middle of the night when my lighting is at its worst. Now...with that out of the way...I'll show you my project.
If you're anything like me, you probably have some ugly metal picture frames lurking around your house. I've got a ton of them, and the other day when I was looking through my frame stash for a black 8 X 10 frame, there of course, was not a single one to be found. Then, I happened to look at my desk and spotted a Sharpie.....
Going on the assumption that the frame couldn't look much worse than it already did, I picked up the Sharpie and began to "paint" it with the marker.
It worked surprisingly well. In less than 15 minutes, I'd transformed the dated frame into a usable one. Of course, you could also do this with spray paint, but with a Sharpie, there's no drying time. And, of course, if you've missed a spot, touch-ups are a breeze!

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect solution! I've used them for many different applications - they sure do come in handy. One of those things to keep in your tool box.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a must have for the tool box! Nothing fancy here, but the Sharpie sure came in handy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails