GROWN-UP GIRLS LIKE TO PLAY TOO! WELCOME TO MY PLAYGROUND

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Scenic Route

I spent last week working in Bucksport, Maine, and while there, I obviously didn't get any decorating done, but I did manage to take in some breathtaking scenery. It was also a great opportunity to practice my photography, so I thought I'd share some photos.
The impressive Penobscot Narrows Bridge is adjacent to the old Waldo-Hancock Bridge, built in 1931, which served the community for many years.
The new bridge, completed in 2006, is home to the world's tallest bridge observatory tower at 420 feet.
It was almost dizzying climbing around on the bridge looking for angles to photograph, but quite exhilerating as well. I wonder if onlookers thought I was crazy.
I was fortunate to be able to photograph the bridge at different times of day. This picture was taken at the break of dawn.
This was taken at night.
The bridge seems to take on a completely different character by night, and I think this was my favorite time to view it. I will have to admit it was a little scary climbing about in the dark, though!
Within a short walking distance of the bridge lies the Bucksport rock formation.
The white streaks in this mostly metamorphic granite formation are igneous rock created by ancient volcanic activity.
This was the view from where I worked. What an idyllic setting for a mid-day lunch break!
My favorite wildflower, Queen Anne's Lace grows along the edge of the woods. All in all, I found this part of Maine to be quite charming and
picturesque. For those interested, a brief history of the area can be found here.

I hope you've enjoyed my little photo tour. I found the trip to be quite a pleasant diversion, but now it's time to get back on track with my decorating projects.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails