GROWN-UP GIRLS LIKE TO PLAY TOO! WELCOME TO MY PLAYGROUND

Monday, November 8, 2010

Favorite Whites

First of all, I'd like to apologize to all of my blogging friends for not "making my rounds", as regularly as I normally try to, and to my readers for not posting last week. I've got something big in the works. I wish I could share the news with you right now, but for the time being, I've got to keep a lid on it. Look for an announcement in the next week or so. Since I've been unable to work around the house, I thought I'd share some of my favorite white things with you to celebrate another White Wednesday.

This is part of the vignette that I arranged on the shelf of the recycled dresser mirror that I posted about a short time back.




It's quite simple....just an apothecary jar filled with seashells, a small architectural fragment and a little milk glass sugar bowl that has lost its lid.


This is my take on an "artsy" shot of a sconce that I revamped some time ago. It was one of those gold 3-armed syrocco pieces that I spray painted white and then sanded a little of the paint off to reveal some underlying gold. I added some crystals to it for good measure and did a similar treatment on a mirror to hang above it.



This is part of what is probably my favorite vignette in the house...one that sits atop an old piano. This little cherub is watching over a small bouquet of white roses.



This rose is part of an arrangement in a large crystal vase...also on top of the piano.



Don't ask me why I included this...It's just a piece of moulding on an Art Deco style dresser that I painted white, but I like it, so here it is...



Here's another of my cherubs. This one is an inexpensive garden statue, but I rather like the perch I created for her. It consists of an old rusty standing ashtray that I found in a freebie pile and topped with a small round vintage vanity mirror.



And finally, a crusty old urn filled with spools of white thread.



And a close-up of the thread. Isn't it funny how some of the simplest things can be quite beautiful?


Again, my apologies for leaving you with a "quickie" today. I think you'll understand when I share my news in the very near future.


Until next time,
Sheilla

I'll be linking up with "White Wednesday" at Faded Charm. Come on over and check things out at Kathleen's fantastic blog!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sheilla ~ I was starting to wonder what happened to you!!! Glad you are well and your absence is because of something BIG AND EXCITING! Can't wait to hear!!! Your "whites" are all lovely ~ especially your cherub! You have a great collection of them. ~cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection of "whites". I especially like the sconce. The jar of seashells that you picked up yourself is just awesome. It's a nice reminder of days gone by at the beach.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails